It turned out to be due to that Perl got updated and by default perl disables SUIDPERL. I tried several things to activate it like configuring /etc/make.conf but it didn’t help.
This is how I solved it:
And chech SUIDPERL and then make
to make sure it is set.
To build and reinstall do:
Turned out the above even didn’t help, though found this which finally solved it. Not so easy when there is a bug in the code!!
It’s been reported officially too.
Just when I tried to upgrade apache to the latest version in ports I got this problem:
apache-2.2.9 conflicts with installed package apr-db42-220.127.116.11.3.4
I googled and found this really simple solution! Just tell apache in config to use the installed apr rather then trying to install its own!
I ran into a problem which wasn’t easily solved when updating devel/kdesdk3. But found this problem report that had a patch to apply which solved it all.
Just download the patch and do:
patch Makefile kdesk3.diff
Then do the usual make install, make deinstall, make reinstall.
THIS DOES NOT WORK YET!!! I’M WORKING ON IT
Down load the plugin
Install pre-requisites – squirrelmail compatibility plygin:
Download the ServerSidePlugin from here. And then extract the tarball in the SquirrelMail plugins directory:
tar xvfz ~/serversidefilter-1.42.tar.gz
Rename the config file:
cp config.php.sample config.php
Edit the config file config.php and set the followin:
$FILTER_FILE_PATH = '/home/vpopmail/domains/[DOMAIN]/[USERNAME]/.mailfilter';
$FILTER_APP_PATH = '/usr/local/bin/maildrop';
$LOCAL_MAILDIR = '/home/vpopmail/domains/[DOMAIN]/[USERNAME]/';
$FORWARD_FILE_PATH = "/home/vpopmail/domains/[DOMAIN]/[USERNAME]/";
and un-comment these lines:
//$SPAMFILTER = '/usr/bin/spamc -u [USERNAME] -f';
//$SPAMHEADER = 'X-Spam-Flag';
//$SPAMVALUE = 'Yes';
You need to recompile the filtercmd to work on FreeBSD and your settings.
Read the README in the script directory. Change in the Makefile:
LIBS=-L/usr/local/lib -L/usr/local/lib/compat -lc-client4 -lssl -lpam -lgssapi \
-lcrypt -lkrb5 -lcom_err -lz -lcrypto -lopie -lradius -ltacplus -lutil -lmd -ly\
pclnt -lssh -lasn1 -lroken -lcrypto
Install c-client from mail/cclient/ in ports.
Now you should be able to compile but still the test.sh script does not work.
I get this problem:
Can’t find uid/gid for user
The problem is that I use vpopmail and thus there exists no users within imap that are system users. I think there might be help here http://forum.qmailrocks.org/showthread.php?t=381&page=2
Sometime in the future when above is solved the rest should be as follows!
Now you are setup!
Go to /usr/local/www/squirrelmail/ and do config/conf.pl to configure SquirrelMail to use this new plugin. Select 8 for plugins, then the number for ServerSideFilter. Then press S to save and Q to quit. Go to http://your-squirrelmail-location/src/configtest.php to make sure your configuration is working!
I tried to make a ports upgrade but missed to read UPDATING so did a full upgrade without doing some pre-requisites which led to a lot of problems…. one odd thing was that the cairo package didn’t recognize I had X installed… the configuration said no x. but then I did:
./configure –enable-xlib=yes –enable-xlib_xrender=yes
and now it seems to be alright…. don’t get it.
Found this article that explains how to use the automounter to accomplish this.
When doing a port upgrade several X-based ports failed. After some struggling I found out the reason, the graphics/cairo port didnt default to include X11 libraries as it should. Strange….
I solved it by starting a make for Cairo and interupt it.
Download latest from http://people.freebsd.org/~ariff/HDA/kmod/
I have never really got ÅÄÖ to work properly on my system before. I got it working in samba but when doing ls at a tcsh prompt the files were full of questionsmarks. So started to search and read what to do. First I found that one could in newer versions of samba set different character codings for dos and unix. But still in my shell things looked weird. After a bit of more searches I found that there is a .login_conf to set these things. So by setting the charset to iso-8859-1 it all worked.
# Charset settings
display charset = iso-8859-1
unix charset = iso-8859-1
dos charset = utf-8
So mounted some samba directories and seemed to work fine. One of these was the root for a virtual host on my apache server and I got some really wierd problems. The HTML code seemed to load fine but not images and css….
Apparently: “When trying to serve a directory mounted with mount_smbfs on FreeBSD with the Apache 2.0.x server, large files (over 100K or so) won’t transfer correctly. To fix this problem use the EnableSendfile off directive within your Global, Directory or VirtualHost config.” So adding that directive solved everything.
Found that at unixtips.org – the source for unix tips.